Saturday 28 August 2010

First entry

As someone who is obsessed with nail polish I would like to share my illness with everyone. I've always liked painting my nails but the hauls and blog-stalking started off at Christmas 2009. It began with a random search for OPI nail laquers swatches online and the first blogs I came across were Scrangie and Nail Juice. I very much envy how they can apply polish, whatever brand, whatever formula etc so effortlessly.

My very first OPI was Dress To Empress, that was about probably 5/6 years ago. I liked the colour so much that I didn't even noticed it cost around £9.00! From what i remember it's a bright  but slightly sheer red/coral with shimmer, maybe even jelly-ish finish. But because it was so old it had to be thrown away and there are no pictures of that.

Mostly I get OPI from eBay sellers as they are much cheaper than here in the UK. Here they can be sold around £9-£10 a bottle from Sally's and John Lewis. Other brands I do like are Nails Inc and Essie but with Essie in particular they are rather inconsistent with formula and their brushes tend to be abit on the thin side. 

A couple of months ago I did mentally put myself on a ban from buying any more for the rest of the year, but with the release of OPI Swiss Autumn/Winter collection I relapsed. We'll just have to wait and see.







No comments:

Post a Comment